Sunday, March 13, 2011

Travel "Quotes" and Quotes

As the title indicates, I will summarize my travels with not my own words, but those of other travelers, who have better captured what it is to journey. But first, I'll give you the quotes:

15 countries, 15 weeks.

330 hours on bus, which may not include all the day trips.

No more than 5 days in any given place.

Umpteen facebook friends to reconnect with in future travels.

Dollars/credit spent: not important.



Here's Ernesto Che Guevara, before his epic and life changing journey to explore South America. I'll open on his quotes from "The Motorcycle Diaries" as I had hit the same route as Che during part of my voyage.

"What do we leave behind when we cross each frontier? Each moment seems split in two; melancholy for what was left behind and the excitement of entering a new land"

Wandering around our America has changed me more than I thought. I am not me any more. At least I'm not the same me I was.

~ Ernesto 'Ché' Guevara

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley

“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller

“A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu

Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment