Saturday, July 17, 2010

Funk Phenomena

Now that I have cleared up the title of my blog, I may as well provide explanation for my user/pen name. Funkphenom is derived from the song "Funk Phenomena" by DJ Armand van Helden.

Here's the link to the song:



I am not a regular follower of the House/Electro music circuit, but was entranced by this one song many years ago. First off, it had a catchy title, created by a DJ with a name which is just as interesting.

The repetitive bass and synthesized rhythmic beat somehow get the body moving. Also, the way the title is repeated over and over again in an almost indistinct mantra make the song eerily pleasing. I normally am not a fan of synthesized music, however house DJs seem to make it work, or at least ensure a few fist pumps.

In the end any sounds can become music.

No comments:

Post a Comment